It seems like everywhere you go, you're surrounded by fantastic flash art, beautiful body ink and tale-filled tattoos. Sounds like someone has tattoo envy. It can happen to anyone.
Are you holding back?
Here are some common signs it may be happening to you.
- You dream about tattoos.
- Tattoos are the first thing you think about when you wake up and before you go to bed.
- You have a design picked out for when you actually make a tattoo appointment.
- You're constantly doodling people with tattoos.
- You have a piggy bank that's secretly for getting your first piece of body art.
- You've drawn on one or several fake tattoos.
- You frequently wear flash tattoos or find excuses to be a biker for Halloween year after year.
It's one thing if tattoos are a passing thought, but it's another when you're obsessing over them. Think long and hard about what's holding you back.
Here are some common fears that may be getting in the way.
- You're afraid you won't be able to take the pain. Who wants a half tattoo?
- The permanency scares you. Is there anything you can commit to forever?
- Your parents will shun you if you get tattoos.
- You might miss out on your dream job if you're covered in ink.
Get the facts
"One in five American adults has a tattoo."
Although these concerns are legitimate, you might be freaking out over nothing. According to a Harris poll, one in five American adults has a tattoo. Among that group, 86 percent of people said they never regretted their tattoos, diminishing your fears about tattoo regret. And for the record, some people have said that tattoos hurt significantly less than they had expected, reported Al.com.
Get over your tattoo worries so you can start living you life without regret. Besides, you could always get laser tattoo removal.
Over 45 million US adults* are living with tattoos, but now permanent ink can be a thing of the past. PicoSure® is the world's latest breakthrough technology in laser tattoo removal providing faster results in fewer treatments. Visit www.picosurear.wpengine.com to learn more and find a PicoSure Practitioner near you. * Source: Harris Interactive, 2012